The Junior League of Springfield is:
- affiliated with the Association of Junior Leagues International, an organization comprised of 296 member Leagues representing more than 193,000 members in four countries.
- women making a difference in the Springfield community.
- open to any woman 21 years of age or older.
- a way to meet new people, explore new volunteer opportunities, and have fun!
We reach out to women of all races, religions and ethnicities who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. League membership includes provisional members, active members and supporting members, called "sustainers."
An important aspect of the JLS mission is to train its members for effective participation in the community. Considerable emphasis is placed on training in areas of organization, leadership, financial management and other areas where members express an interest. Training is accomplished through the following courses:
- The Membership Development course for New Members;
- Leadership experience serving as JLS officers, committee chairs and in other elected positions
- Workshops offered to all members
- AJLI conferences and trianings.
Prospective Members: We are accepting applications for the 2016-2017 League year, which will officially kick off in September 2016. We will hold several recruitment events in the summer of 2016, leading up to our initial training session. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be added to our email list. You can begin receiving emails regarding upcoming meetings and volunteer opportunities immediately. We already have women volunteering with us that will be joining officially in the 2016-2017 League year, so this is a great way to get to know current and potential League members right away and give back to the community at the same time!